Can art be a search engine?
What I mean by that is: is it possible to generate strategic thinking and start in-depth research from a work of art?
I believe it is, here's why:
- Because art shows reality differently, from another angle, from another eye, on the fringes.
- Because artists are specialists in shedding light on society's flaws, major issues and failures
- Because they are experts at exposing emerging feelings
Also because art is not designed in a practical way, but well designed to move, feel and make people think
Art is not factual or equivalent to a percentage in a database, it is difficult to read, which is precisely why it is full of ideas, of inspiration. Art also helps in the research phase to ...
- Take the pulse of society and yourself: Clarifying what is going on right now helps you see more clearly (insight).
- Get out of the internet and collect ideas, messages and information other than behind a screen
- Free the mind (closely linked with the reason above)
- Conceptualize / visualize ideas, dah! In order to communicate them better afterwards.
Collect | Connect | Conceptualize
On the radar
Current exhibitions to make you think further
🖼️ FUTURES Beacons - Smithsonian Art + Industries Building Washington, D.C
🖼️ The Great Imagination. Histories of the Future - Madrid's Fundacion Telefónica, Madrid
🖼️ Tomorrow's home - Museum of Home, London
🖼️ Grow: The future of Fashion - Good museum, Amsterdam
Art from here
- Festival Papier is back (to my great pleasure), the place and the fair are a masterpiece, must see!
- Parachute an exhibition at the McCord Museum that highlights this great forgotten Quebec fashion brand
- Collectionner irtual reality app to put Canadian works on your walls, try in the comfort of your home!
For those who don't know yet, I am immersed in the start-up universe and specifically in all that is artistic and creative. Research and analysis of new business models and innovative ideas are my daily life. I cannot miss mentioning these two Quebec start-ups that make art shine for longer and differently: ArchivVR& Gallea
Want to explore the future together?
Art for thoughts..
Take advantage of this (crazy) Friday to visit the museum;)
P.S. I will be mailing the traditional holiday greeting cards shortly. Customers, Contributors - Send me your postal addresses 💌